Several of the Rules of the Game we apply
1. All children are to be treated equally and fairly.
2. In the absence of specific rules, in all situations all people are to conduct themselves by using a standard of common sense and moderation. The principle that should guide you is: would you like this to be done to yourself.
3. The referee is the person entrusted by the club to apply the rules of thegame. The referee's decisions must be followed by all participants and spectators. If there are problems that anyone has with the refereeing,those problems should be related to the club after the game.
4. IF ANY LIGHTNING IS SEEN OR THUNDER HEARD, THE GAME WILL BE IMMEDIATELY STOPPED. 30 MINUTES AFTER SEEING THE LAST LIGHTNING OR HEARING THE LAST OF THE THUNDER, GAMES CAN CONTINUE.
5. Under no conditions should parents come onto the field of play. Should their child appear to be hurt the referee should stop the game immediately and the coach on the field should assist the child off the field. If the referee does not notice the child hurt the coach on the field should bring it to the referee's attention. The game is restarted with a drop ball at the spot where the ball was when the game was stopped.
6. In the mini soccer game there are no off sides. In all other games, off sides are called. An offside occurs when the ball carrier passes the ball to one of their teamates who is in an offside position. An offside position occurs when the player has less than 2 players of the other team between the player and the opposition goal. A player cannot be in an offside position in their own half of the field.
7. A ball is in play until it has completely crossed the line.
8. For a game to count for a team, that team must have at least 5 players for a mini soccer game and at least 7 players for a full field game. For fairness, when a team does not have the same number of players as the other team, we allow up to a 2 player advantage.
9. In the mini soccer game, once the goalie has control of the ball, the opposing players must back up 10 yards. Once the goalie has released the ball, the ball is in play.
10. A team which uses an unregistered player automatically defaults the game.
11. In all other situations FIFA rules apply.