Leaside-East Toronto Soccer
193 Randolph Rd, Toronto,ON, M4G 3S6, Telephone 416 481 6425 Email John@leasidesoccer.net
SEVERAL OF THE RULES OF THE GAME WE APPLY
1. All children are to be treated equally and fairly.
2. In the absence of specific rules, in all situations all people are to conduct
themselves by using a standard of common sense and moderation. The principle that
should guide you is: would you like this to be done to yourself.
3. The referee is the person entrusted by the club to apply the
rules of thegame. The referee's decisions must be followed by all
participants and spectators. If there are problems that anyone has with the
refereeing,those problems should be related to the club after the game.
4. IF ANY LIGHTNING IS SEEN OR THUNDER HEARD, THE GAME WILL BE IMMEDIATELY
STOPPED. 30 MINUTES AFTER SEEING THE LAST LIGHTNING OR HEARING THE LAST OF
THE THUNDER, GAMES CAN CONTINUE.
5. Under no conditions should parents come onto the field of play. Should
their child appear to be hurt the referee should stop the game immediately
and the coach on the field should assist the child off the field. If the
referee does not notice the child hurt the coach on the field should bring
it to the referee's attention. The game is restarted with a drop ball at
the spot where the ball was when the game was stopped.
6. In the mini soccer game there are no off sides. In all other games, off
sides are called. An offside occurs when the ball carrier passes the ball
to one of their teamates who is in an offside position. An offside position
occurs when the player has less than 2 players of the other team between
the player and the opposition goal. A player cannot be in an offside
position in their own half of the field.
7. A ball is in play until it has completely crossed the line.
8. For a game to count for a team, that team must have at least 5 players
for a mini soccer game and at least 7 players for a full field game.
For fairness, when a team does not have the same number of players as
the other team, we allow up to a 2 player advantage.
9. In the mini soccer game, once the goalie has control of the ball, the
opposing players must back up 10 yards. Once the goalie has released the
ball, the ball is in play.
10. In our adult games no slide tackle is allowed. Any slide tackle will
penalized by giving a direct free kick to the non offending side.
11. In our adult games if the player is given a red card the player must sit
out the next game. If there is another red card in the same season to
the same player, that player should be asked to sit out 3 additional games.
If there is a third red card to the same player in the same season, that
player should be told to leave permanently and the balance of his/her
registration fees will be returned.
12. In our adult games if you are given a red card for referee abuse the
player must sit out the next 3 games. If the player is given a second red
card for referee abuse in the season the player will be told to leave
permanently and the balance of his/her registration fees will be returned.
If the referee reports that the abuse included threats or physical abuse
(including spitting) a panel of 3 captains from other teams will be formed
and a decision whether to have the player removed will be made. This decision
will not be appealable.
13. In all other situations FIFA rules apply.